New to Questia?
The premier online research and paper-writing tool for students.Take a tour of Questia today!
Subscribe to Questia’s free Footnotes newsletter
Meanwhile on TwitterMy Tweets
- 2013′s Most Valuable Professors Competition by Questia awards effective professors with scholarships in their names
- Teachers’ domain: Career planning, teaching fellows, achievements and summer internships to set you apart
- How to research Anthropology history books and articles using Questia
- Is teaching for you? Finding your place and reaching your goals
- The future of college newspapers: Print or online?
Author Archives: Alana Joli Abbott
Do you know the history of Memorial Day? Founded in 1868 under the name Decoration Day, the first Memorial Day was intended to honor those soldiers who had fought in the American Civil War by decorating their graves. Since then, …
From 1861 to 1865, the United States fought a war over the right of secession, as eleven states wanted to separate from the Union. The causes for the war, and the reasons for its outcome, remain topic for debate over …
Environmentalism is an important topic, not just during Earth Month — celebrated on April 22nd — but any day of the year. When the subject is how to take care of the planet, there are many strategies — and controversies — about how it should …
Since 1986, the U.S. federal government has observed a national holiday in honor of Martin Luther King Jr., the civil rights activist whose nonviolent message and words of hope helped to create a vision for a future of racial equality. …
It was once thought to be impossible, but the giant squid video released January 7, 2012 by the Discovery Channel and Japan’s National Science Museum showed that humans could actually capture film of the elusive creature in its natural habitat. …