To apply for The George Towfic Scholarship by Questia in the amount of $2,500, you may either submit your application by mail or apply online by visiting The Center for Scholarship Administration. From there you will indicate which category best describes you then click ‘Submit Scholarship Application Criteria’ to continue.
The initial selections will be based on the eligibility criteria as follows:
- Applicants must be high school seniors or undergraduates enrolled in college, or graduate school students.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.7 on a 4.0 scale.
- Applicants must be planning to pursue a degree in computer science.
- Applicants that are high school seniors must have a minimum SAT score of 2100 or ACT score of 31.
- Applicants must be planning to attend an accredited, public or private, 501(c)(3) college, university or technical college.
Additional required materials:
- Submit the signed TERMS OF AGREEMENT, found in the application online.
- Submit an OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT with grades and cumulative posted through the Spring 2013 semester. It must be official.
- Submit SAT/ACT scores for high school seniors.
- Submit a PERSONAL STATEMENT/ESSAY. Submit up to a two page signed personal statement about experiences during your school years (classes, family impacts, volunteer work, etc.) and how these experiences helped you decide what you want to pursue as your selected academic career.
- Submit a LIST OF YOUR ACADEMIC HONORS, LEADERSHIP SKILLS, AND COMMUNITY SERVICE, etc. This can include a part-time job, undergraduate research, etc.
The deadline for submission of all information (including online application, if applicable) is JANUARY 31. Materials must be mailed in ONE envelope to the George Towfic Scholarship, PO Box 1465, Taylors, SC 29687.
For questions regarding the scholarship, please refer to Ashley from the Scholarship Administration Institute at firstname.lastname@example.org.