In the spirit of peer-to-peer learning and online collaboration we’re launching a competition to find the best Questia tagline. What do you think embodies our brand and all that we offer? Your best, funniest, most poetic, most academic and most original taglines will all win $100 and a free year of Questia!
So, what is Questia?
Questia is the premier online research and paper writing resource for college students world-wide. Since its founding in 1998, Questia has helped students find and cite high-quality, scholarly research.
What is a good tagline?
A tagline is a slogan that succinctly, memorably, and descriptively sums up a company or product. Although there is no minimum or maximum word count, brevity is encouraged, with a suggested length of four to six words. A good tagline:
1) Should be easy to remember: use of simple words.
2) Should be easy to say: words are sharp, one or two syllables.
3) Should contain a combination of words, subtle meanings and nuances.
How to enter the Questia Tagline Competition
1) Follow @Questia on Twitter: You must follow @Questia before you enter.
2) To enter, tweet your suggested tagline for Questia: Your tweet must include the words “My @Questia tagline is”
Multiple entries are OK! Be sure to include “My @Questia tagline is” in your tweets.
My @Questia #tagline is; Trusted online research
My @Questia #tagline is; Write better papers, faster
My @Questia #tagline is; Is that a library in your pocket?
3) Click the “Tweet” button to tell us your tagline for Questia!
You may also enter by mail by sending a letter or postcard to: Questia’s Tagline Competition: Questia 1 N. State Street, 9th Floor Chicago, IL 60602 – Each entry must include the following information: Name, Address, Phone Number, E-mail address
About this contest:
REQUIREMENTS: Contest ends on November 30, 2014 at midnight Central time. Taglines must be written in clear, concise English. They must be short, catchy and easy to understand. The aim is to appeal to a wide audience.
SELECTION: Selection of the top five entries will be made by a committee. The Selection committee will evaluate entries based on relevance to Questia, the power of the message, creativity, overall quality and originality. One winner will be chosen, for each of the following categories: best tagline; funniest tagline; most academic tagline; most poetic tagline; most original tagline and sent a direct message via Twitter.
PRIZE: Cengage Learning, Inc. (“Questia” or the “Sponsor”) is giving away five (5) Visa Gift Cards worth $100.00 and five (5) annual subscriptions to Questia (the “Prize”). No purchase necessary to enter. Customers who have a valid Twitter account and enter this contest via their Twitter account shall be automatically entered. An alternate method of entry is provided for those who do not wish to participate through twitter.
ELIGIBILITY: The contest is open to legal residents, of the United States, 18 years of age or older. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law.
1) All entries must be received by November 30, 2014 at 12:00am CST. No limit on entries. You must have a valid Twitter account in order to enter using Twitter. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of an entrant, the holder of the Twitter account will be deemed the person who submitted the entry. Incomplete entries will be disqualified and the Sponsor is not responsible for online entries that are lost, late, deleted, garbled, mis-delivered, or misdirected as a result of technical, internet or other online difficulties. All received entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
2) Employees (and their immediate household or family members) of Questia, its advertising companies, parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, promotion and delivery contractors and/or public relations companies, and any other entity that participated in the creation, operation or fulfillment of this Sweepstakes, are not eligible to win.
3) The Prize is non-transferable and no substitutions or cash redemption will be made.
4) For a copy of these Official Rules, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Questia’s Tagline Competition/Official Rules: Questia 1 N. State Street, 9th Floor Chicago, IL 60602
5) Official rules are also available at “contest URL”
6) Entry in the contest constitutes permission to use winners name, name of Twitter handle, voice, photograph, likeness, tagline and any information provided on the entry form, in any medium of communication for publicity purposes by Questia and its respective affiliates or licensees, without further compensation, where permitted.
7) Winners acknowledge that the Sponsor has neither made nor is in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relating to any of the prize items, including but not limited to, the quality, merchantability, habitability, mechanical condition, or fitness of the prize items.
8) Limitation of Liability. By entering the contest, each entrant releases Questia and its affiliates and agents from all liability for damages, losses or injuries resulting from participation in the contest and/or possession, use or awarding of any prizes from the contest.
9) Prior to online entry, customers must agree to the following statement: I am 18 years of age or older and a legal resident of the United States and have read and agree to comply with the contest rules.
As a final reminder, you can enter the Questia Tagline Competition via Twitter by clicking HERE. Good luck!