While receiving a college degree will help provide numerous opportunities for your future in the workforce, it can be a costly item that doesn’t come easy. Sure, student loans can help alleviate the pain of college costs…for now. But down the road you’ll be required to pay back those loans, and the odds of you winning the Powerball and paying those loans off right away are few and slim.
In “What’s the Price Tag for a College Education?” a recent survey by the College Board reported that “a ‘moderate’ college budget for an in-state public college for the 2013-2014 academic year averaged $22,826.” What that means for college bound students attending out-of-state and/or private college institutions is that the price can only get higher. Here is where The Most Valuable Professors (MVPs) Scholarships by Questia come in.
Questia is sponsoring three scholarships each in the amount of $2,500 to all students pursuing a degree in computer science, social sciences or language/communications. Applications are being accepted now through January 31st, 2014.
Learn more about the MVPs
- George Towfic: Computer science
- Dr. Lauren Looker: Social sciences
- Dr. Veronie Lawrence-Wright: Language and Communications
- Click on the names of the MVPs to be directed to that professor’s application page. There it will list the necessary criteria and additional required materials needed for said scholarship.
- At the bottom of the page you will see a large red box containing the words ‘Apply Now.’ Click on that icon, and you will be sent directly to the Scholarship Administration Institute page.
- Here is where you will begin to submit the needed criteria for the scholarship you’re looking to apply for.
Students must submit all necessary information in order to be eligible. Any applications turned in with missing parts will result in an “incomplete” application and will not be considered for scholarship.
The MVP Scholarship By Questia is non-renewable and is for the year awarded only. The Center for Scholarship Administration, Inc. (CSA), a non-profit and independent organization, will facilitate and narrow down the finalists. From there, the three lucky scholarship winners will be selected by the MVPs themselves. Stay tuned this spring, when the scholarship winners’ names will be announced. Congratulations again to The MVPs, and a big thank you to professors everywhere! Best of luck to all the applicants!
For questions regarding the scholarships, please refer to Ashley from the Scholarship Administration Institute at firstname.lastname@example.org.