2013’s Most Valuable Professors Competition by Questia awards effective professors with scholarships in their names

Professors from California Lutheran University, Clarke University and The College of New Rochelle voted college students’ favorite instructors in the nation

This spring, college students from around the country were given the rare opportunity to nominate and vote for their Most Valuable Professor. Today, with a combined total of over 2,500 votes, the three winners are announced. Congratulations to:

• Dr. Laurie Looker – California Lutheran University
  • Prof. George Towific – Clarke University
  • Dr. Veronie Lawrence-Wright – The College of New Rochelle

In addition to receiving the title of MVP, Questia.com, the premier online research and paper-writing tool for students, will create one $2,500 scholarship in the name of each winning MVP, all of whom will help determine the scholarships’ criteria and recipients. These three professors are playing important roles in students’ lives—not only guiding their education but also sculpting their journey to become life-long learners.

See what their students had to say about them!

“Dr. Looker deserves the title because she is, in short, amazing! She’s a school counselor at Westlake High School by day, professor at Cal Lutheran University during the evening, and superwoman by night.” “She is also extremely personable and really connects with students; advice or gossip related, she’s all ears. You can always count on her to complete whatever is asked of her on time, and I owe her my college success. Thank you for all you do!”  — Jane of California Lutheran University

“This is the best professor that I have encountered at Clarke University. He is very knowledgeable and willing to help, not only during class time but also when he is just in his office, he will stop what he is doing and help anyway that he can.” — Brenda of Clarke University

“I wish to enter – Dr. Veronie Lawrence-Wright as the most Valuable Professor because although she is stern, “0” tolerance and with character she is in a very low profile, discreetly speaking, considerate, passionate and compassionate to all students. We all come from different cultures and Dr. Lawrence-Wright is approachable and diligently flows so well.” “Dr. Lawrence-Wright will work with each student individually, stay after class and address any concerns students may have very positively listen and encourage each and every one of us to hang in there.” — Frances of The College of New Rochelle

Questia’s Most Valuable Professors Competition allowed college students to thank the professors who made the greatest impacts on their educations as well as that of their classmates. Professors are a go-to source for more than just homework questions, they are advisors, mentors and MVPs!

11 replies
  1. Barbara Yewasis says:

I would like to nominate Dr. Richard Day of Eastern Kentucky University. He is a really good instructor and causes his students to think for themselves. He has been a highschool principal and he would make a good candidate for you. Thank you.

2. duqing says:

Surely,the valuable professors can walk into the heart of students and communicate with students as the friends.Therefore,the students can do better from heart and have a long walk with professor together. Wish everyone has a peaceful heart and a nice everyday.Thanks for this chance.

3. J.A.Arockiasamy says:

Congratulations Teachers. There are forums to honor business people as they are rich people. There are forums to honor celebrities as they are famous people. There are forums to honor even fortune tellers as they compromise telling facts and please people. But there are very little occasions we have forums to HONOR TEACHERS. My hearty greetings though my teacher Dr.Markendeyan is not selected as i am from one corner of INDIA and i do not know how many people would know us to vote for Dr.Markandayan. How ever, principally speaking he would worth more than these number of votes. His contribution is priceless and inestimable.

With best wishes to all voters and nominees !

Yours Sincerely,
    J.A.Arockiasamy

4. Dudu Madonsela says:

Professor I.I Filatova. Definitely she desrves this title. She headed the history department of the University of Durban Westville. She taught African politics and really exuded valuable life values of which I am still doing my reference to them even today. Identity , passion for history , art and heritage talkless of analytical skills. After finishing my degree, I taught Hisory for a number of years. Today, I am a successful Curator, patriot and confident woman because of her conduct and behaviour that I amazingly observed from her during my University years.

5. Dr Robert Gurney says:

Professor L.J. Woodward at St Andrews University was my favourite Professor.

His lectures on modern Spanish Poetry were electrifying.

I tried to follow his example when lecturing on Spanish and Latin American Poetry in London.

The way he analysed the structure of a poem has helped me enormously in my own poetry.

Robert Gurney
    St Albans UK

6. J.DOZMAH PETERS says:

My most valuable Professor is Dr.Christopher B.Mugimu. He is the Head of Department of ‘Foundation and Curriculum Studies’ at the Makarere University.

7. Gyorgy Lengyel says:

Cngratulations to the “elected”professors!

May I ask you please send me your decision on my request letters concerning of postponing my availability of questia because of my illness.I wrote three letters abot that.Of course I will not disturb you again.
    Yours sincerely,
    Gyorgy lengyel
    Emeritus prof.
    Hungary

8. birhan koye Tegegne says:

i have a lot reason a bout Dr. Laurie looker from far i read a lot extraordinary publishing.so i prefer the nomination to Dr Laurie looker.

9. OBEDI PASTIMA NDEMEKE says:

THE VALUABLE PROFESOR IS THE ONE WHO DONT REPHOTOCOPY HIMSELF IN THE MEANS THAT THERE ARE SOME PROFESOR WHO FORCE THE STUDENT TO ANSWER EXAMINATION NOT DIFFERENT OR OUT FROM WHAT THEY TOUGHT INSTEADY OF HOW STUDENT UNDERSTAND AND HOW OTHER WRETE OR TEACH

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Your email address will not be published.